A homeowner wants to have the very best shutter in their home. How can a homeowner tell the quality of shutters? What are some of the signs that a homeowner should look for to see if the shutter is high quality? A few simple tips can help homeowners identify the quality of a shutter.
- A quality shutter will have a mortised hinge. A mortised hinge on a shutter will achieve a tight and effective fit to your window. A low quality shutter will have gaps appear on the side that allows unwanted light, heat and cold to come through. A mortised hinge will prevent unwanted gaps and give the shutter a perfect fit.
- A quality shutter will be custom built for your window. Every window is different. A quality shutter will have a window opening of 1/16 inch so the window and shutter fits correctly. If there is more than 1/16 inch with your window shutter, then gaps will be noticeable.
- The finish on the shutter should be smooth. The paint finish should be thick enough that the wood grain is not seen.
- The shutter should be strong. The shutter should last a homeowner many years.
Having quality shutters are important. Shutters can provide more than privacy to a homeowner. A quality shutter can be achieved by purchasing your shutters from a company who knows and understands quality shutters. Artisan Shutters is the only company to talk to for quality shutters.
Give Artisan Shutter a call today, for all your shutter needs!
First time shutter shoppers can feel overwhelmed with the different styles, sizes, materials and types of shutters that is available. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming when you know what the different types of shutters are available and the benefits of each shutter.
Full Height Shutters – A full height shutter are shutters that are full length of the window. The full height shutter will provide more light for the homeowner. They allow a complete access to the window.
Half Shutters – A half shutter is also known as the café style shutter. It covers the lower bottom section of the window. The blades on the shutter can be positioned to a 45 degree angle. The half shutter can allow the homeowner to still hang drapes or curtains.
Split Shutters – A split shutter is a full window shutter, but the top and bottom panel of the shutter can be opened or closed separately. This type allows the homeowner to open the top of the shutters and leave the bottom shutters closed. Split shutters are very popular in homes, because of the advantage of opening the top or bottom shutters.
There are different type of shutters. A homeowner can choose all different types of shutters for different windows in their home. If you are looking for quality shutters, then Artisan Shutter is your shutter provider. Artisan Shutter has been providing shutters for homeowners for over twenty years. They are dedicated in providing quality shutters to meet you and your home’s needs. Give Artisan Shutter a call today to discuss the different type of shutters.
To learn more on Artisan Shutter, click here!
Many homeowners always ask, “How much do shutters cost”? This is a common question that is asked, but unfortunately, there is not a one-price-fits-all for shutters. To determine the cost of shutters for your home there are some factors to consider:
- The size of the windows
- The shutter material
- The shutter design and color
Shutters are more affordable than homeowners think. Having shutters can greatly increase the value of your home. Choosing a shutter is an easy process, when you use a professional shutter company. The professional shutter company to call for all your shutter needs is Artisan Shutters.
Artisan Shutter has been providing amazing and affordable shutters for over twenty years. Artisan Shutters are available to discuss your shuttering needs and expectations. Call us today for a free consultation!